Skip to main content

Hello, my name is Lindsay Joyner and I am the Technical Writing Manager at a contract research organization (CRO) where we have specific document properties that need to be set for FDA document submission and electronic document compliance. 

I am having an issue when upon uploading a PDF document to Docusign, Docusign changes the document properties.  Specifically, “Fast Web View” goes from “Yes” to “No”.  Once the document is signed PDF properties cannot be edited and the document is no longer compliant with Fast Web view set to “No”.  Is there a way to prevent Docusign from editing the PDF document properties?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you in advance!

Hi @lindsay.joyner,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that your document’s “Fast Web View” property is overridden by eSignature, but I will share the available options to address this issue.

This is expected behavior from the application, and there is no setting in the admin dashboard that would allow you to manage it.

However, this area of opportunity was brought to our engineering team’s attention, and they are currently assessing the possibility of implementing an option that would allow you to control this behavior.

This request is currently being tracked through enhancement request ID DOCPLAT-4888, feel free to reach out to your Account Team, or DocuSign Support, if you would like to be included in the list of accounts that are looking to get access to this feature.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @lindsay.joyner,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!