Skip to main content

Is it possible to create a DocuSign with not requiring a signature but just have the client confirm receipt that they received the document?

@Diana V Yes, use the Recipient Type of “Needs to View”, no field assignment to that Recipient is required, they get a envelope notification, select the button/link in the email to open or open via their DocuSign account Inbox and once opened that satisfies that Recipient action and it moves on to the next Recipient or completes the envelope.  You could also use “Receives a Copy” as the Recipient Type but that doesn’t necessarily confirm the Recipient viewed the document.  Last option would be to set the document in the envelope as a Supplement and require the Recipient to scroll through and Accept (not a Signature). 

Got it! Thank you David. Appreciate the help.

@Diana V Happy I was able to help.

Hi @Diana V,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.