Skip to main content

I attempted to enable the Document Visibility feature for my PowerForm Template.  Signer 1 has signature fields on pages 1 & 2 and is able to see everything.  Signer 2 only has a signature field on page 1 and should not be able to see page 2.  This works properly when I preview my envelope but when I do a live test, Signer 2 is able to see everything.  I am not sure what I could be doing wrong, any thoughts?

@CCO Medical Can you provide all the details on what you did to enable the feature as well as to set the Document Visibility? Also is this two documents that were uploaded or one document with two pages?

@CCO Medical - It seems like you are setting it up correctly.   A few things to note.   Pages on the same document are considered the same from a document visibility perspective.  So, in your case, if page 1 and 2 are on the same document, both signers will be able to see it.   

Also, please note the different options when setting it up.  

@JohnSantos & @David.Schmitz These are the settings I am using. I saved the document that requires signer #2 as a separate document in the envelope template.  Signer #2 is still able to view the entire contents of the envelope.  Any suggestions?

@CCO Medical  - And when you look at the Document Visibility settings on the screen where you place the tag, are they set correctly? 

@JohnSantos

Yes, the Document Visibility settings on the screen where you place the tag are set correctly.  The strange thing is that it works when previewed but not in the live test. Do you think it has anything to do with the template being a Power Form?

Hello, @CCO Medical 

Take a look on this entire article: Some Things To Know About Document Visibility

• Document visibility settings are not supported in PowerForms. A PowerForm signer will see all documents that exist in the PowerForm's associated template, regardless of any document visibility settings applied on the template.

I hope that helps to clarify.

Best,

Alexandre

Thank you all for all of your help.  That is very disappointing.  Hopefully Docusign changes that soon. 

@Alexandre.Augusto would you happen to know of a work around for this issue?  In the PowerForm that I am working some of the pages on, Signer 1’s documents contain private health information.  I need to prevent Signer to from viewing that information.  I would appreciate any ideas!