Skip to main content

Hi, I have a question that I really would like input on. To give you some background: Our company wanted to centralize our signing system to one common one, and docusign was chosen to be this new system. The implementation started together with Docusign partners for NDAs and Construction agreements, and suddenly requirements were raised from HR that their current signing system subscription, Oneflow, was about to expire.

The decision was made to quickly assign an admin from our company, myself in this case, that was supposed to learn the system as quick as possible to implement a solution for HR (mostly hiring agreements but also other type of documents that they send out, currently 80 different templates). The timeline was tight and after some discussion with our DocuSign contacts, they recommended us to build the solution in CLM, completely driven by workflows.

We now went live last week and we have so far been receiving quite bad feedback from the users having problems with the time from start to finish of an agreement (even though the workflows are as short as possible), the workflows so far requires a lot of attention since they are often failing to due small input errors, it's time consuming to edit a document after it's been sent out for signature, we can not leverage from the contact book to quickly fill in names for example in the document generation -overall they are complaining about that CLM differs a lot from Oneflow.

I've had a gut feeling that we should have gone for a solution in e-signature instead with all these document types as different templates where the HR Sender would fill in all the information he or she is currently doing in the document generation form, since e-signature looks a lot more similiar to oneflow than what CLM does.

Has anyone experience from docusign from an HR perspective and what app did you run this from? Appreciate all the feedback I could get.

Kind Regards, Rebecca

Happy to help if I can. I do question the need for CLM as I have assisted hundreds of implementations that often the e-signature solution is more than capable of dealing with. I does come down to lots of options mainly your processes and how things start and then finish. DocuSign are great at putting things together but often complicate it when it can be simple.

Reach out to me and we can setup a call to discuss and see what the best solution may be for you.

Robert

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community, and thank you, Robert, for the kind assistance.

I understand you are not sure which DocuSign solution best fills your needs after trying DocuSign CLM and would like guidance.

Well, everything will depend on the needs of your HR Team, yes, CLM is based on workflows and is sensitive to input errors but can come in handy depending on the workflow needed in the company.

If your HR Team just needs to send the same documents for signature with different recipients and have them go to someone else for approval or signature, or you would like to provide a link to one of the documents and so on, this can be done within eSignature. If you would like to try out eSignature to check out the features and how your HR workflows will work in it, I recommend opening a Demo Account. You can do that using the following link: https://go.docusign.com/demo/

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!