Skip to main content

DocuSign seems designed to waste time in very small increments.

1)            Times out too quickly. Then I must hit Log-in on the First page. Username on Second page. Password on Third page.  With autofill I should just be able to hit one button on the First page and be done.

2)            When typing text, the box turns into almost a square that I must resize and reorient.  When is that a helpful feature?  Just leave what I type how I typed it. No brainer.

3)            Pages don’t preload so there is a lag when scrolling.  If DS wants to avoid unnecessary data usage on the server, at least preload the very next page as one scrolls.

4)            The new # field:  If I want a decimal point, I will type it.  Why are they default?  Just use text.

5)            When uploading docs with fields, why the floating bubbles that tell me they were detected?  Why must I individually X out of each of them in order to see my screen and use the program?

6)            When printing, why must I hit Custom before I choose which pages I want to print? There is plenty of room for a field to do this without hitting yet another button.

I understand this seems like small stuff, but I use DS all day at work, and I use it for my personal business.  Over time this leads to less productivity and frustration. It seems like these things should be acknowledged by DS and remedied.  

Hi @ManoMano !

I'm sorry your experience at DocuSign wasn't the most enjoyable one! I’ll try to reply your questions below, but I would recommend you to access one of our free live webinars available in our DocuSign University Portal, so you’ll be able to learn a little more an interact with one of our product trainers. To access it, please visit https://dsucustomers.docusign.com/page/all-courses#content-types_webinar,languages_english. There are some interesing webinars, like Eliminate Manual Tasks with DocuSign eSignature.

Let me try to reply all questions:

1. You can adjust the Web App Session Timeout (minutes) by accessing Settings > Security Settings. Please check this article for more information: Account Security
  2. If you’re using a text field, please click on it, then on the right (property menu of this field) open “Formatting” and then select “Fixed Width”. Now, this field will respect the size you configured.
  3. This can actually happen in some cases, especially on envelopes with many pages and/or on devices with not very powerful processing. This may also vary depending on the download speed your browser is performing at the time. If you can, we have some channels to receive feedback, such as email feedback@docusign.com. Feel free to suggest this improvement!
  4. About the Number field, there is a possibility to remove points/commas. Same as explained on topic number 2, please access the number field, then on the right (property menu of this field) open “Number Format” and choose the best option for you.
  5. When you use a PDF file with fields, and you upload into DocuSign, we’ll try to reduce time to add all fields again, by detecting them automatically. However, if you don’t want to use it, you can simple select “delete data” option. Please check this article for more information: Send a PDF with Form Fields
  6. I apologize if I didn't understand your question correctly, but if you access the envelope through the top "Manage" menu tab, when locating the envelope and accessing the envelope menu on the right side of it (still on the Manage page) there is the option to Print directly, without having to choose any other option.

I hope I was able to resolve some issues and improve your experience with the DocuSign platform!

Hi @ManoMano,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.