Skip to main content

I am sending a Real Estate agreement to 4 parties to sign. If I add the “date agreement” into the document, will DocuSign only add it after all parties have signed it and it’s sent back to me. I have not numbered the sequence for the parties to sign it so some may sign today and others may sign tomorrow. I just don’t want to receive it back with todays date if the final signature is not completed until tomorrow.

@Peter I 

Every fields is assigned to a recipient and the date signed field will automatically be filled out on completion of a recipient. I am not sure if you have a total of 4 date signed fields for every recipient or if you just assigned a single date signed field to a particular recipient. Sending it out in parallel and only having a single date signed field may lead to what you described. 

If you want to have the date signed reflect the date of the last signature, you need to enable a routing order and have them sign sequentially and assign the date signed field to the last recipient in the workflow.

Hi @Peter I,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hi @Peter I 

If you require the document to be dated after all signers have signed. Maybe add routing with your four signers as place number 1 and add yourself as place 2 with only a date signed field.

All of your signers will then sign in any order they need, the envelope will then come to you for you to add the date signed knowing every signer has signed. The disadvantage to this would be that as the date signed field is auto completed you would have to make sure you did your part on the same day as the last signer signed.  You could mitigate this by using a text box with the validation (right hand panel) set to date.  This solution would allow you to manually set the date meaning you don’t have to ensure you go in on the date of the last signer completing.

I hope that helps?