Skip to main content

When I use the data field box it looks like it is covering the existing text. However, when I receive the document back from my client the data field box was transparently creating a blur of text, the old existing text, and the new changed text. How do I make the data box solid before filling in the text?

Welcome to the community, 

Currently, you cannot make the background of a data field solid. 

DocuSign is not designed to be a document editor, but we do have some features that can help you make changes to your document. Please view 

**Please note that If you wanted to mark up the document before it reaches the customer, you would need to add yourself as a signing recipient first. We assume that the document initially uploaded does not require markup because DocuSign's main purpose is to facilitate signature and not document editing. 

I hope this helps, 

Marc

I agree - sometimes I need to throw a "this page intentionally left blank" on a page over other text, depending on the selection that the signer makes on another page. Being able to set the background as white would be a huge help!

Sometime a form has "/" for a date filed, and the docusign date will overwrite the field, would like the / in the date to overwrite the slashes that came on the document. solid vs transparent has  a definite value

you should remove this post because the help links above do not work anymore.

This would be a trivial task to add background color/opacity to the text box properties.

Rather than tell us what Docusign is and isnt... maybe open your ears to easy opportunities to meet needs.

I get the same type 'we dont care' answers when I ask for an easy way to populate fields when I send out a lease

i also echo edwins remarks. the links are broken.

Very nasty solution but since I arrived here from a Google and having not found a solution, I'll share what I did (with no pride):

Create a text field and set value using repeated '█' characters. Set the text colour to white. Change font size as required. Result; background of doc is hidden. As I say, not proud suggesting but might help some out.

Ed, that is a great solution.

Since the time I last contributed to this questions, learned that scanning a doc at about 300dpi and then using the adobe export to WORD actually does a pretty nice job of providing a document you can edit. That assumes everyone has a scanner and ADOBE DC, so maybe not an answer for everyone.

I can't understand why this wouldn't be possible here, I would imaging it would be used often.

Panda doc does a better job at stuff like this. It also allows you to just fill out a grid of variables. As w everything, the 2 products have plusses and minuses. For me, the plusses outweighed, so i switched.

We're going to switch to Panda Docs as well at this rate - DocuSign kinda sucks! Can't believe this isn't possible yet, and there are many other features that they don't have and really should if they want to keep up with their competition.