Skip to main content

Hey folks, 

I’m sorry if this has already been answered, but I haven’t found a resource on this topic yet. 

I’m looking for a way to customize the subject line a signer / person receiving a copy gets once a powerform has been submitted. 

The specific example in this case is staff submitting for reimbursement. They fill out the powerform for approval and then they receive a copy once it’s been approved. Is there any way to make the subject line on the copy they receive populate with a text field from within the form they submitted (like the name of the item or date submitted, etc.) 

Staff are concerned that because they complete the form so frequently, it’s hard to search for / locate the correct pdf in their email to upload to show proof of approval. They can’t differentiate between different requests. I currently have it set so the person requesting’s name shows up, but this only helps our purchasing team, not necessarily the individual staff members. 

Please advise! 

Thank you for your time! 

As far as the documentation and my experience, Templates can use Recipient Name and/or Email address.  It is suggested in this article link that a Envelope Custom Field could be used as well but only in the Template and not in a Powerform. So as you noted in your initial request the Name or Email works. I would state based on the docs that there is no current feature that allows the addition of DocuSign fields placed on the document to populate in the Email Subject.

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=xry1643227563338&topicId=bat1578456393880.html&_LANG=enus

Hi @lvondo,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!