Skip to main content

I'm creating a template that will be used to send to vendors. I want to set up several fields of information in the document with the field and then a line after it where the information will be pre-filled by me (such as Business name_________, Vendor________, Address_______, prices, amount due, etc.) that will be specific to each vendor. Upon receipt of the envelope, the Recipient (Vendor) will only sign and date and then the document will come back to me for my signature. If I create those fields using Pre-fill tools, save, and then create an envelope and fill in the fields with the vendor specific information, why does the information block out part of the line and look terrible?

@FairAmy 

If you want to create a clean document, you need the document generation add-on available for eSignature, which will merge the provided data into the template. This will dynamically replace the placeholders based on the input data and generate a clean document that looks like you had typed it in Word.

If you use DocuSign eSignature without document generation, the document you uploaded will be overlayed with the fields that you add to it. In this case you need to make changes to the underlying document before uploading it to DocuSign to make sure the placeholders are wide enough to accommodate your data. If your input data varies largely in length it is recommended to change the underlying document in a way that there won’t be additional text after the added field in the same line to prevent it from overlapping and looking bad.

Hi @FairAmy,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.