Skip to main content
Question

Create a template for an envelope containing two documents

• 8 August 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I'm looking for a solution to create a template for an envelope. 

Being a beginner in the use of the Docusign tool, I haven't managed to do what I need.
I regularly have envelopes signed, in which I have to enter 2 contracts whose contact details, rates and signatories are changed each time a new envelope is created. The signatories of both contracts are the same for the same envelope.

When I create my template, with my two documents and the various elements to be completed and signed, everything goes smoothly. However, when I use the template for signing, it only applies to the first document and not to the second, which also makes up the envelope. 

I tried a number of different ways:
- Creation directly from my template tab
- Creation with automatic template detection
- Creation and manual addition of the template
But each time, only my first document benefits from what is defined by my two document template. 

Would you have a solution or a trick to rectify this, please? 

Thank you in advance for your feedback, 

Hello @Mélanie Connect,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand you are having issues with applying templates to an envelope.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you, to clarify the template that you created only contain one set of the contracts?

Would it be possible for you to provide a copy of the template?

You can download templates from your account, either one at a time or in bulk. When downloading a single template, it will be exported in JSON format. If you download multiple templates, they will be delivered in a .ZIP file in JSON format. To download a template, go to the Templates page, locate the desired template, click the template actions menu, and select Download. Download Templates

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback and help.

To clarify the contract template I created, I have an envelope made up of 2 contracts. These contracts are always signed at the same time, but the information inside is modified each time.
For example, I have a person we'll call “A1”, who has this envelope made up of 2 contracts, each with a description we'll call “Description A1”, and an amount for the service we'll call “Amount A1”. 
For the second person, who we'll call “A2”, I'll have a different description, which we'll call “Description A2”, and different amounts, which we'll call “Montant A2”. 

So that my two people can sign their contracts, I'll have 2 envelopes with 2 contracts each. One envelope for person “A1” with the contracts and the information relating to his contract (its description and amounts “A1”), and one envelope for person “A2” with the contracts containing the “A2” information. 
I don't know if this makes my subject more comprehensible? 

It's when the contracts are deposited that the templates don't apply. 
To take my example again, I need to have my “A1” sign my two contracts, and the template only applies to the first contract in my envelope, not the two that make up the envelope. 
My template, on the other hand, is made up of two separate documents, each with its own signature elements. 

Thanks again for your help! 

Mélanie

Hello @Mélanie Connect,

Does the template that your are using only contain the two document for the A1? Also A1 and A@ are they part of the same signing process?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.