Skip to main content

Hello Community,

I need to send a contract cover sheet along with the contract in a single envelope, but I want to restrict access to the cover sheet to a select group of people, while allowing everyone to view the actual contract. Is it possible to hide the cover sheet (or any document) within a single envelope?

Thanks!

You can try document visibility feature, but it is only in Enterprise plan.

Use Document Visibility to Control Recipient Access

If you send an envelope containing multiple files and you want to control which files each recipient sees, you can use document visibility to accomplish this. A common scenario is you want recipients to see only those files which they need to sign. With document visibility, you can create one envelope with files intended for individual recipients, rather than having to create a separate envelope for each recipient.

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=eui1578456411411.html&_LANG=enus

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.

@Theodora van Kuijk 

You can look into using the Document Visibility feature in DocuSign. Document Visibility is a feature that allows you to control which documents within an envelope are visible to each signer. This feature is particularly useful when you need to send multiple documents to different recipients but want to restrict their access so that each recipient can only view and act upon the documents intended for them.

Hi @Theodora van Kuijk,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.