Skip to main content

I am looking for some help in getting contracts signed without knowing all the names and email addresses of the signers.  I believe this feature is called Conditional Routing.  Here is an overview of the two use cases….

Use Case # 1 :  I am sending contracts that require multiple signatures.  I have the names and email address of the primary signer, but I need the signer to provide the name and email address of the approver.  I want DocuSign to forward the document to the approver for signature before returning it back to me with both signatures?  

Use Case #2 - I want the signer to enter answer a question on the form (Married or Single), and depending on their answer it would require another field to be completed.  The other field would be the name and email address of the approver.  I want DocuSign to then forward the document to the approver for signature before returning it back to me with both signatures.  

Finally, how do I know if my license has this feature?

Thanks for your help.  

Hi @FOrlando123,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to allow your signer to add the next recipient’s name and email, and I will share more details on the topic.

In my opinion, the best option to set this up would be using PowerForms. With PowerForms your signer will be able to add their own name and email to the signing order, along with other recipient’s contact details. If you were to use Conditional Routing, you would need to add a manager recipient type such as Specify Recipient, to allow the signer to add the next recipient’s contact details to the signing order. You can find more details on how to work with PowerForms, here:

PowerForms Overview

This feature will be included with our Business Plan, or above. For a detailed list of the feature included with our plans, see:

Choose your plan

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @FOrlando123,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!