Skip to main content

Hello, the former user of Docusign at my office retired and I inherited it.  We have changed it all over from her to me however when a client views, signs, etc., the email notification is still being sent to her and she has to forward it to me.  How do I change that to my email address so we can cut her out of it all together?  My email is on the account but somehow hers is still in there only for the notifications but still, those are important; and she doesn’t want to get them anymore.

Thank you!

How are the envelopes being generated?  The use of Templates or Powerforms or Web Forms, maybe through an API?  Typically, envelopes that have already been sent should be transferred over to a new User, then any Powerforms or Web Forms should be updated to change the Sender.

I would start by having the envelopes that are currently “owned”by the former User over to you, then investigate how new envelopes are being generated as a start.  If they are Powerforms, then I could provide steps for you or the DocuSign Admin to make Sender changes.

I’m very much a beginner when using Docusign and I have kind of figured things out by clicking around it.  The documents are being generated from a template.

Any new envelope created via a Template by selecting “Use” would set the Sender as that User no matter the Template owner.  I would check to see if there is an associated Powerform. You can do this by either clicking on the Name of the Template and scrolling down to see if it shows an “Associated Powerform” that is Active. You can also see on the main Template screen if there is a Powerform by looking at the Powerform column to see if it has a green circle with “# active” text.

Hello @Nicole33,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, this is a follow-up on your post, was the information provided useful? Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Thank you @David.Schmitz, for the information provided.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Nicole33,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.