Skip to main content

I have to send documents in English and some in French.  With the current corporate account, the only way to send a French Document is to go into My preferences, change default langauge from English to French and send the envelope.  The Envelope description is in French, ie “Complétez l’enveloppe avec DocuSign :” however EVERYTHING else displayed is in English:

Do Not Share This Email
This email contains a secure link to DocuSign. Please do not share this email, link, or access code with others.

Alternate Signing Method
Visit DocuSign.com, click 'Access Documents', and enter the security code:
3E988621AC984C038710EB7B2B860E1E7

About DocuSign
Sign documents electronically in just minutes. It's safe, secure, and legally binding. Whether you're in an office, at home, on-the-go -- or even across the globe -- DocuSign provides a professional trusted solution for Digital Transaction Management™.

Questions about the Document?
If you need to modify the document or have questions about the details in the document, please reach out to the sender by emailing them directly.

Stop receiving this email
Report this email or read more about Declining to sign and Managing notifications.

If you are having trouble signing the document, please visit the Help with Signing page on our Support Center.

icon-DownloadApp-18x18@2x.pngDownload the DocuSign App

This message was sent to you by John Constant who is using the DocuSign Electronic Signature Service. If you would rather not receive email from this sender you may contact the sender with your request.”

I can’t have French and English. I need to have everything including the links to Docusign T&C’s all in French for some customers.   How do I fix this?

Hello @johncon50,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you, I know the importance of your envelope information being displayed in the correct language; I understand that you want more information about changing the language option for recipients.

You can set the recipient language and specify custom email messages for each recipient on an envelope. To do this, your DocuSign administrator must enable the "Enable custom email and language for each recipient" setting in the account Sending Settings, and the "Allow language selection permission" option must be enabled on your permission profile.

More information at Set Recipient Language and Specify Custom Email Messages.

Have you used these options on your envelopes?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @johncon50,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

I wish to report that the solution posted gets me closer to a desired answer. Thank you.   When I send an envelope with the custom language, it does work. However, due to government laws, ALL aspects of the message must be in French.  That includes links to Docusign.

From the bottom of the envelope the customer sees in the email:

Ne plus recevoir ce courriel
Signaler ce courriel ou en savoir plus sur Refuser de signer et Gérer vos notifications.

Si vous éprouvez des difficultés à signer le document, visitez la page Aide avec le processus de signature dans notre
Centre d’aide.

icon-DownloadApp-18x18@2x.pngTélécharger l’application DocuSign

The last 2 links a user gets in email, the Centre d’aide and the Telecharger link go to English pages. How do I get that rectified?

Hi @johncon50,

I apologize for the lateness in the reply, did you add the links or are they default links?

Best regards,

Hi @johncon50,

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,