Skip to main content

I try to create merge fields on our sandbox but it keep on saying "Attempt to de-reference a null object". It happens right after I navigate to the feature. We used to use DocuSign Esignature but then I have installed DocuSign App Launcher over it. Do I need to reinstall Docusign or there is a setting I don't know?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

Is this error showing up when trying to create a merge field in DocuSign Apps Launcher within Salesforce?

If that is the case, please try reconnecting your account to the application and re-try.

You can find detailed steps on how to disconnect and reconnect your app, here:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=srl1586134368658&topicId=ntr1586134210309.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Hi,

Thank for your response. Yes I use DocuSign Apps Launcher within Salesforce. I have tried to reconnecting my DocuSign to Salesforce a few times, including switching between API version 39 and 54. The message  "Attempt to de-reference a null object" keeps on appearing when I navigate the feature. If I add a merge field then it will be added to the list of merge field at first, then after clicking "Save and Close", when I navigate back to the same page it will disappear. However, when I move forward to place fields the field is there. When I drop the field to the canvas, new error is "Some fields might be out of sync. Invalid related field sequence. The salesforce object 'xxxxx' does not exist.". Also if I click the setup icon next to the field on the same window, it shows "There is a problem with your DocuSign Connect for Salesforce configuration. Contact your DocuSign Administrator for assistance."

Please help. Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

If you are currently running version 4.5.1 of DocuSign Apps Launcher, it would be best for us to take a closer look at your account setup.

In the case that you are running an older version of our application, please update it and retry.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any follow-up questions and we will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Finally I figure it out. It is totally because of my wrong configuration. I have ignored all instructions and did it using my outdate knowledge which ofcourse doesn't work. The configuration process is really interesting and modern, I will need more time to understand how all components connect to each other, but it works.

Thank you.