Skip to main content

I often send 8 documents to one sender for signatures. Currently the recipient must sign each one individually.

How can the recipient sign just one time via DocuSign but populate all 8 documents? 

@bmiller 

You can create an envelope and add all 8 documents for your recipient to sign.  Make sure you include a signature tag on each document.   The recipient will be prompted to sign each document once you send it.  

John, 

I wonder if there is a way for the recipient to sign one time regardless of the number of documents. Is there some way to affect the DocuSign to have one signature populate all the documents, not each one separately? 

Unfortunately, signers cannot sign once and apply that signature to multiple signature fields. Signers must click each signature field individually. This is how Docusign captures intent to sign. “Robo-signing” is not currently possible.

One helpful option is to set up auto-navigation in Settings -> Signing Settings. With this, you could allow the signer to immediately jump to the next field after completing the previous one. 

@bmiller

No, this is not possible. The user needs to actively provide their signature on every signature field, which is just a simple click and then navigation can auto guide you to the next place where a signature is needed.

What you could do is like a cover sheet, stating that their signature will apply to all following documents or similar. In this case they only need so sign once, but all the documents will not show the signature except the cover sheet. However, this could lead to them “signing” things they did not read or willingly wanted to sign, like someone could add a document in the middle, which would be “signed” without the intention to.

If you don’t want an actual signature and just that it looks like someone has countersigned it, I have seen customers that embedded a signature in the underlying document before uploading it to Docusign eSignature.

Michael, Thank you for the clarification! Even though the answer is ‘no’, it helps us understand the process and to know where we stand. 

Beth Miller