Skip to main content

Getting ready to possibly use bulk send for the first time.  I would have five templates that I would send out separately as a bulk send envelope  Each template is 2 pages long with one signature page.  Each of these have varying numbers of recipients - one is only 28 , while another is 277.  The support person I spoke to on the phone said that it would be five envelopes, but the more I look into this, the more I’m thinking that each separate signer would be considered an envelope.  We have only 200 envelopes with our account so this sounds like it is going to get very expense very quickly.  There are privacy concerns so I will not add all to same line, they have to be sent individually.  In total, I’m looking at 907 signed documents sent back to me.  Would that then generate 907 envelopes that I’ll have to pay for?  If so, not for sure how this saves any money.  

@ABrincefield 

Bulk send in DocuSign can indeed help streamline the process, but it's important to understand how envelopes are counted and billed to manage costs effectively. Here’s a detailed breakdown of how it works:

Each envelope you send out with DocuSign counts as one envelope, regardless of how many recipients or documents are included in that single envelope.

So, you might be able to use document visibility as a way to save you on the number of envelopes used and still keep privacy for each recipient. 

Hi @ABrincefield ,
This can be quite confusing some time so I’m adding a video that might help understanding:

The video that explains how to do the bulk send is here:

Hope this helps,
Sofian Saoudi | Founder @Solusign Consulting - Docusign Partner

Need help with Docusign?
 🌎  www.solusign.com | 📧 hello@solusign.com | 📺 Learn Docusign on YouTube 

Thank you both for your insights and your videos Sofian - very helpful.  I’ll be upgrading our envelope amounts today in order to make this project work as we are expecting over 500 signature documents to come back to us.

@ABrincefield you’re very welcome. Bulk Send can be tricky. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re stuck.

I strongly encourage you to plan how you’re going to:

• track signatures
  • store and rename signed documents
  • optionally if you’re collecting data from signers: how will you extract this data from envelopes to update your records.

Bulk send helps with sending, but all the steps that happen after sending (e.g tracking, following up, storing, extracting data) also can be automated or they will create a huge amount of work that organizations don’t think about because it’s not something they do every day.

Hope this helps,
Sofian Saoudi | Founder @Solusign Consulting - Docusign Partner

Need help with Docusign?
 🌎  www.solusign.com | 📧 hello@solusign.com | 📺 Learn Docusign on YouTube 

Hi @ABrincefield,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.