Skip to main content

Is it true that branding for emails and the standard signing flow is set up through the DocuSign account settings, and that branding for the Focused View (embedded signing) is configured programmatically via API? Additionally, is it correct that the branding for emails is not reused by the Focused View and that these are separate configurations? 

Thanks!

@Nastya 

This is what I know:

• Branding for Emails and Standard Signing Flow:

• Branding for emails and the standard signing flow (remote signing) is indeed set up through the DocuSign account settings. This is done by uploading and configuring the appropriate resource files, one for emails and another for the standard signing flow under the account's brand profiles. These resource files allow you to customize the text, dialog boxes, and other elements of the signing experience for your recipients.
  • Branding for Focused View (Embedded Signing):

• The branding for the Focused View, which is used in embedded signing (in the UI settings it is referred to as captive signing), is also managed through resource files but in a slightly different manner. You can upload a separate resource file specifically for embedded signing through the account's brand settings. This branding is configured similarly to the standard signing flow but is applied specifically to embedded signing scenarios. While it is possible to use the API to set up embedded signing, the core branding elements still rely on the uploaded resource files.
  • Separate Configurations:

• It is correct that the branding for emails is not used by the Embedded signing. These are separate configurations. The branding for emails is managed by the Email Resource File, while the branding for the signing experience (whether remote or embedded) is managed by Signing Resource files. The two serve different purposes and are tailored to different parts of the recipient's experience.

Thank you for the explanation! Could you please let me know where I can upload these files separately?

In Settings -> Account -> Brands, I see the following options:

• Create a Brand

• Configure brand name, company name, colors, destination URLs, header and footer links, and brand language.

@Nastya 

It would be listed under Advanced Configuration.  You might want to reach out to your account manager to see if that feature is available under your DocuSign account.

Now I understand
Thanks, John!