Skip to main content

Hello - I am having an issue where I am now required to manually edit the envelope name when selecting a template.

Previously, when a template was selected, the envelope name would automatically update to what was entered into the Subject Line for the first recipient (process 1) of the chosen template, and this was perfect for our business needs.

With the recent ?update/changes, even with following the same process of uploading relevant documents and choosing the appropriate template, when we update the first recipient subject line, this no longer automatically populates the envelope name (process 2). 

1. Send an Envelope > Attach document (employment contract) > choose relevant template > update subject line (employment contract name - this would then auto generate envelope name) > next.
  1. Send an Envelope > Attach document (employment contract) > choose relevant template > update subject line (employment contract name) > update envelope name (employment contract name) > next.

As this feature was desired for our business needs, is there a way to enable this function again in settings? It is an additional step of having to manually rename the envelope, when this was not previously required. 

Thank you!

Hello @TeganD,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I tried to replicate the issue you are experiencing, however, when I added the document and applied a template to it, the subject line and the name of the document shows changed, Can you provide maybe a document with screenshots of your issue?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello Nathaly,

Our staff are witnessing a similar problem that has only manifested this week (starting Monday 12th August 2024) whereby they are able to customise Envelopes they own, but Envelopes that have been developed by our Legal team (and are thus owned by them) appear to be editable but when the staff send the Envelope it reverts to the default template configuration.

Specifically the staff are trying to edit or personalise the Subject line of the email sent from DocuSign.

To me the (sudden) manifestation of this issue points to an update applied to the system recently - is this the case, or is there a security type setting that needs to configured?

Regards,

Steve.

Hello @Steve Aldridge ,

Are you using any sort of integration or is this all through Docusign?

Best regards,

Nathaly,

All this activity is exclusively within DocuSign

Yes, any assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cheers, Steve.

Hello @Steve Aldridge ,

After further investigation I found that due to repeated complaints from customers about the link between recipient email subject and the envelope name, when custom recipient emails are enabled, the email subject in the header is now editable directly. 

This is specific to drafts where custom emails are in place. We slow ramped this feature last week, this is because when the feature was built it presented some bugs prevented us from releasing immediately, however, the bugs were fixed and we slow rolled out the feature. The option is only in envelopes and only where Custom Email Subject is turned on.

Unfortunately, there isn’t an option to revert back.

Best regards,

Nathaly,

Thanks for this back ground information and update.

I have gone back to our Users with the details and they have reported that the Edit functionality they used to have/enjoy has now returned (yet we haven’t made any changes), so they are happy once again.

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi @nathaly.monge ,

Thank you for responding so quickly and advising of the changes.

If feedback could be provided to developers, it would be great it there was an option to enable or disable features like this in settings. 

We require custom emails to our 4+ signers and 3+ receives a copy per envelope, however they all have the same subject line, so having the envelope name automatically fill to the same was perfect for our business needs. 

Many thanks for your help.

Hello @Steve Aldridge and @TeganD ,

thank you for reaching back.

It seems like the feature has been rolled back due to lack of documentation and warning, will most likely be rolled in once that information is ready.

@TeganD, regarding your request, I would recommend you share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together once the feature has been rolled out again.

Best regards,