Skip to main content
- Are we able to mass upload different documents to DocuSign for signatures?
- How we can utilize the template feature when all the documents are different (individual documents but need to add tokens to the same section)

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you would like to know if it is possible to upload several documents at once, and would like to know how to utilize templates when all documents are different.

• For the mass upload of documents, will all these be in 1 envelope? If yes, then you can select the needed documents from your files, and drag and drop them onto the DocuSign Home page, or you can select the upload option and in your files select the needed documents.
  • The templates in those cases are applied to the needed document (meaning, instead of selecting Use on the template you would need to create the envelope from scratch, add the needed document and apply the template) this will remove the document on the template and leave the email message and fields on the needed document, you can find more information on the following article: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=yav1578456266212.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi - the 600+ documents would each be in separate envelopes. The same "form" but each containing different personal demographic information. (i.e. I-9)

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

Would this information be inputted by the sender in fields? Or is the information going to change directly on the documents?

Best regards,

Hello. A call would be MORE useful than messages and email. Can you please set up a call do we can explain our needs? WHO IS MY ACCOUNT REP NOW??

Thanks!

Miriam Scholes
VP, People
Madison-Reed.com
@MadisonReed

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

If the information will be changing or just on the document fields, I will recommend using a bulk send. With Bulk Sending, you can use a .csv list of your recipients and upload that file during the envelope creation process, this .CSV can also be used to enter information about the recipients in the available fields. Once the list is uploaded, the rest of the envelope creation workflow will remain the same as sending out a single envelope for signing.

You can find detailed instructions regarding how to set up a Bulk Send batch, here: https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-multiple-recipient-bulk-send 

We recommend coupling the Bulk Send process with a template. You’ll be able to download the data from the template’s .csv file, which includes column headers specific to your roles and fields (if needed). 

If the information is going to be changing on the document directly, then you would need to create envelopes 1 by 1 and apply the template each time.

If you would like to speak with an Agent in real time, please create a case with Customer Support and select the preferred contact method to be "Callback". You can submit your case using the following link: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Best regards,