Skip to main content

I have an existing template which is applied when we upload contracts to DocuSign via our contract management system. The template recognises the type of contract and places the signature blocks where they need to be.

Is there a way to have that template (which is applied to a document loaded into DocuSign) attach a document to the envelope when the template is applied? For example, we want a cover letter / disclaimer to be attached to every Contract that is issued via DocuSign.

@SimonH 

There is not automated way of adding additional documents per default to every contract issued via DocuSign available. However, you state that you are triggering DocuSign via your contract management system. If this is a custom development you could integrate your requirement into the API call to DocuSign, uploading the additional cover letter / disclaimer automatically or adding a second template to the envelope.

You want to look at Composite Templates to implement this requirement.

Hi @SimonH,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!