Skip to main content

Greetings! I’m hoping someone can assist.

Here’s the situation: I’m one of my company’s DocuSign admins. A team I support recently reached out to me to say that they haven’t received any submissions from DocuSign for a few months. FYI: The submissions they receive are via PowerForms that our customers fill out at their leisure. When the customer has finished signing, DocuSign automatically sends an email notification with a copy of the completed envelope to the applicable internal email mailbox at my company. This process been working very well for us for several years now.

Long story short on the root cause: I checked with our IT admin & they discovered the DocuSign emails were getting blocked on our end, but strangely only for this one mailbox (as far as we can tell so far). Anyway, the admin cleared the blockage & now emails are flowing through again. HOWEVER...

Only current submission emails are flowing through, i.e., only the ones that came in since the IT admin made the system change. NONE of the 3,000+ automated emails that should have come through over the past few months are coming through and according to the admin they may be lost forever. As such, they asked if it’s possible for me to “resend” the automated emails...

Now, I already know the team I support can login to DocuSign & manually download each of the submissions, BUT that’s not in line with their standard workflow & will take them much longer than their normal process. As such, I’m seeking possible alternatives.

What I’m hoping for is the ability to trigger DocuSign to resend those 3,000+ automated email notifications that got blocked. Does anyone know if this is possible and, if so, how to do it?

Many thanks in advance!

@CJSimon

Unfortunately, it is not possible to resend the email notification for email completion for specific envelopes in DocuSign eSignature.

Looking at the numbers you probably want to set something up that includes automation of a kind to not manually download the 3000+ completed envelopes that you mention were blocked on your end.

You may look into, e.g. downloading the completed envelopes via Power Automate and sending them via email as attachment from the flow you create to the mailbox that you want them to be stored at. The emails will look different and have a different sender, as this would be the email step in Power Automate.

If your automation would be based on DocuSign Connect, there is an option to republishing the envelope and trigger the DocuSign Connect configuration again, in case this was not working for a specific timeframe.

@CJSimon

Unfortunately, it is not possible to resend the email notification for email completion for specific envelopes in DocuSign eSignature.

Looking at the numbers you probably want to set something up that includes automation of a kind to not manually download the 3000+ completed envelopes that you mention were blocked on your end.

You may look into, e.g. downloading the completed envelopes via Power Automate and sending them via email as attachment from the flow you create to the mailbox that you want them to be stored at. The emails will look different and have a different sender, as this would be the email step in Power Automate.

If your automation would be based on DocuSign Connect, there is an option to republishing the envelope and trigger the DocuSign Connect configuration again, in case this was not working for a specific timeframe.

Thank you, Michael!