Skip to main content

Thought I had it set up, but when I hit 'send' it says I haven't attached all the fields to all recipients. Also, during test runs to myself, I'm getting a second receipt email that says I'll get one once all recipients have signed (sending to personal email, NOT DS account email). How do I stop that?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Would it be one document for all 80 people, or do they need to sign the same document individually? How are you setting up the recipients?

If it is the 1 document for all 80 people, then yes, you would need to add fields (you can copy and paste the ones you already have if it's going to be the same ones) for all of them, recipients are color codded: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=ulp1643236876813&topicId=vds1578456270396.html&_LANG=enus

If you are looking to send the same document to many recipients at the same time (and are looking for a more feasible way to do it), you should consider using Bulk Sending.   

With Bulk Sending, you can use a .csv list of your recipients and upload that file during the envelope creation process. Once the list is uploaded, the rest of the envelope creation workflow will remain the same as sending out a single envelope for signing. So you would prepare 1 document with one recipient (you only add fields for that needed recipient) and send it out so they can all sign in the same place.

You can find detailed instructions regarding how to set up a Bulk Send batch, here: https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-multiple-recipient-bulk-send 

We recommend coupling the Bulk Send process with a template. You’ll be able to download the data from the template’s .csv file, which includes column headers specific to your roles and fields (if needed). 

Regarding the notifications, those can not be stopped unless your personal email has a DocuSign account where you can disable your notifications: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=jux1643235969954&topicId=dhc1578456326388.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you for answering me so quickly! Very new to this process, and we've been left in the lurch at the 11th hour so there's a bit of a time crunch, so please bear with me if my questions seem ridiculous.

It's one document being sent for individual signatures, along with a couple other fields (name x2, date signed, and a text box that recipients need to fill in). I did see that there were different colours for each, and here is where I got confused. Tried to go into different recipients to add the fields, and it appears as if they are all there already. Yet when I hit send, it still says that most recipients only have the one field.

Contacts were originally added using the csv file, added to contact list first; I think that's where my mistake is, because I do not see "import bulk list" anywhere when trying to send, only "add from contacts". Am trying again right now, will add the csv while in the template itself to see if that makes a difference.

So have now run into another issue. Downloaded the csv file the other day, added all the contacts and their information. Now trying to upload it from the 'import bulk list' , and am getting an error message

"the legacy version of bulk send is retired. Switch to the new enhanced version of bulk send".

I just downloaded the csv that DS told me to, filled it in as directed, and now I can't use it? Why is it even there if it hasn't been active for over a year?

This program really isn't turning out to be as beginner friendly as the sales folks say it is, and I'm feeling like I've just wasted $100 for nothing.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

The CSV can be used, however, the legacy version of the bulk send (meaning that uploading the CSV directly in the template is not available anymore for some accounts). You would need to select "Use" for the template you want to use and select the option Import Bulk List, you can also download a sample CSV that already contains the headers of all your fields in the template.

If you don't have this option, it could be that it is not enabled for your account, in that case, reach out to your account admin. Or if you are the admin and have the option grayed out, please contact Customer Support.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

You can find the option by going to:

1. Settings
  2. Sending Settings
  3. Enable bulk recipients

Also, please view the following article on how to transition from Bulk Send V1 to Bulk Send V2: https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Bulk-Send-v2-Transition-Portal

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!