Skip to main content

Hi,

is it possible to define two signers as alternative signers, i.e. the envelope gets closed when one of them signs? The use case is if the document is signed by one of two authorized signatories the document becomes valid. Sometimes it is not clear who of the authorized signatories will be the one to sign it ahead of sending the doc. 

Thanks

Hello, @belabela 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Yes, you can do that using the Signing Group option.

As an Admin, you can create a Signing group, add those two recipients (signers). In the envelope you add the just created Signing Group. Both will get the notification email. The first one who signs will make that as completed, if the another one tries to sign then will get a message saying that was already signed.

See this article: https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Signing-Groups-FAQs?language=en_US

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Hi @belabela,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!