Skip to main content

I have a contract which either needs to be signed by the Client (usually the case), or by their Representative (occasionally the case). The way it is currently set up is that the contract is sent to just one party who then has to identify themselves as either the Client or the Rep. by selecting one check box, from a cluster of two. The contract must always contain the name of the Client, but also the name of the Representative if there is one. At the end of the agreement, where the signature goes, we need the signatory name to be that of the client or, if there is one, it should be the name of the Rep. How can we automatically switch the signers name IF the check box is selected (bearing in mind the check box is part of a cluster of two?   

@Adam at Vivant - You can use Conditional Fields to accomplish your scenario by following these steps:

1. Setup Conditional Fields: In your DocuSign template, create a conditional field for the signatory name. This field will be linked to the checkbox that indicates whether the signer is the Client or the Representative.

2. Identify Signer Type: When the document is sent out for signature, the recipient will be presented with the checkbox cluster to identify themselves as either the Client or the Representative.

3. Set Conditional Logic: Configure the conditional logic so that if the Client checkbox is selected, the signatory name field displays the name of the Client. If the Representative checkbox is selected, the signatory name field displays the name of the Representative.

4. Dynamic Signatory Name: Ensure that the signatory name field is set to dynamically populate based on the selection made in the checkbox cluster.

5. Finalize Signature Section: Place the signatory name field in the signature section of the document. This ensures that the name displayed for signature will be either that of the Client or the Representative, depending on the selection made.

By setting up Conditional Fields in this manner, DocuSign will automatically switch the signatory name based on the selection made in the checkbox cluster, ensuring that the correct name is displayed for signature at the end of the agreement.

Hi @Adam at Vivant,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!