Skip to main content

Hi Team, 

I would like to know if it is possible to add a signed cover sheet to contracts in order to prevent our CEO/HR manager from repeatedly adding there signatures to all the contracts we receive?

Thanks for your support,

KR

@Christie.K 

The sender of an envelope determines which actions a recipient has to perform. That means they define, where a signature is needed or data fields to be filled out on the document. Unless the sender assigned you a field to upload an attachment, you would not be able to upload a signed cover sheet.

If you are able to upload such a generic signed cover sheet it is unclear if if would be accepted by the other party. As most customers want an actual signature on their document that was sent out, that is a different story. If they put a signature placeholder for the recipient you cannot complete the transaction without providing it.

Adding a signed cover sheet is actually more work than applying a signature on a document, which is stored in the DocuSign eSignature account and automatically applied when you click on the signature field. This can be done easily, also via the mobile app which high level management commonly used to sign off during travel and not rely on email notifications.

Thanks for this reply @Michael.Rave , it's very helpful!

Often came across this whilst implementing many solutions.  Typically we created a template that was essentially pre-signed by the CEO/Director.  The template was then sent out to the end signer which they signed and it was already signed and approved by your company.

So you create the template add the company signature and then when you use the template you populate the blank data fields specific to that end signer.

Note this does not work for all kind of documents but can work for many.

Robert.

Thanks for this reply @Robert Jackson , really helpful!

Hi @Christie.K,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Hey … super helpful information .. now, would it be possible to upload a cover sheet and contract in one envelope and “hide” the cover sheet from the counterparty?

Hi @Theodora van Kuijk,

Thank you for reaching out here. We want to welcome you to the Docusign Community. I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, and we are committed to providing you with the best service possible.

You can Set Document Visibility, you will need to add the cover sheet as an independent document and follow the instructions on how to set document visibility in an envelope: add files, recipients, and messages as usual, then go to the Add Fields view and add fields for each recipient. If allowed, turn on document visibility under Advanced Options and Recipient Privileges. Use the visibility control table to define which files are visible to each recipient. Clear the visibility selection to hide a file from a recipient without any fields. Save the settings and send the document.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Theodora van Kuijk,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution or if the information provided was useful. Otherwise, let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.