Skip to main content
Question

Action Required List - how to make a note

• 5 September 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I am a relatively new user and now need to manage a busy Action Required list. I’m wondering if there is any way to format the way the list appears to me by adding a note I create?

For example, I am sent envelopes and people don’t follow the naming directions, so I have to click on Sign to see what it is -- can I identify it and add a note to remind me what it is (since I’m not able to change the name of the envelope without causing problems)?

I just want a way to easily remember what the envelope is as I hold it/wait to be able to complete it.

Thanks!

Hi @ljack,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

This is an interesting approach to managing your inbox, and it should be possible by adding the note to the envelope’s subject during a correction. You can correct any envelope that has not been completed, this change to the subject should apply to all notifications sent to active recipients in the signing order. For detailed steps on how to correct an envelope, see:

Correct an Envelope

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Correcting the subject only seems to work if I send the envelope. I can correct one I’ve sent to someone else. My problem is with envelopes that are incorrectly named when sent to me by others. For some reason, when I receive an envelope I’m not able to correct it, as Correct it is not a choice in the options to be able to click on. I thought that, as someone who “has access” to the envelope as a signer, I would be able to make a correction. But it’s not an option. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks so much for your help!

Hi @ljack,

Thank you for following up.

You are right, the option to correct an envelope is only available for the envelopes you have sent.

For envelopes created by third parties, the best option available would be using the filters available on the Manage dashboard, as described below:

Using Filters

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!