Skip to main content

I received envelope from my customer, and need to delegate to my boss for signature.

But ccustomer fixed a access code for security, and my phone number is registered.

When I delegate the signature to my boss, does he need to enter the access code?

If yes, can I change/fix the phone number so that my boss can receive the access code?

Hello @Tom,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you, I understand that you are going to delegate the signature of an envelope to your boss, however, the sender fixed your phone number as an authentication method.

To provide you with a proper answer, how are you going to delegate the signature to your boss?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Hello Christopher, 

I have delegated to my boss using the menu shown in attached, sorry in Japanese, so should be no problem to delegate the signature. I want to know if I can fix my boss number to get the access code, or I should show him the access code what I have received.

Best Regards

Tomoya Masuda

Hello @Tom,

Thank you for reaching back, in this case, you will need to provide the code to your boss, only the sender of the envelope can change the phone number.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Hello Christopher,

I was able to delgate the document to my boss, and could change the phone number

to receive the code, but I have entered incorrect phone number, and cannot receive

the code.

In that case, shall I ask the sendor of the envelope, and he could change the phone

number to receive the code, or he should resend a new envelope with correct phone number

to receie the code?

Hello @Tom,

Thank you for reaching back, you can reach out to the sender he will be able to assist you in changing the authentication method, for future reference could you provide to the community how you changed the phone number?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.