Skip to main content

I am now analyzing our use cases: It seems we should be able to utilize OneDrive for our Document store implementation. It will allow us to use document reference instead of physical document. My question is if limit of 25MB documents is applied in this case too (as you’ll have to reach-out to OneDrive to show configurator where to place signatures etc. or to signee what he’s subscribing)? How it works internally if I reference PDF with size of 100 MB? Would it be problem? Occurrence of documents > 25 MB is quite rare, but I’d like to be ready for those exceptions.

@Jakub Zak 

The file size limit in DocuSign eSignature is 25 MB, as you can see here.

If you try to upload a larger file, it will result in an error stating that the file exceeds size limit of 25MB.

Use one of these steps to reduce the file size before uploading:

1. Break the document up into multiple smaller documents, then upload each of the smaller documents to DocuSign.
  2. Convert the document to .PDF format before uploading to DocuSign (Print to PDF or similar).
  3. Edit the document to remove any unsupported functionality, such as macros.

Hello mrave, 

I’m aware of this limitation. My question was, if this limit is applied in situation when I don’t store document physically in DocuSing, but I have it referenced in OneDrive and in DocuSign is only link to OneDrive. Document will be then loaded only when user starts to work with it. and then the document will be loaded back to OneDrive. In this configuration: Is it a problem with maximal size or limit is valid only in situation when I store the document in DocuSign? 

Thanks for info

Jakub

@Jakub Zak

The document is always physically stored in DocuSign eSignature for the singing process and not just referenced. I assume you select the file from OneDrive when you create the envelope? In the moment you select it, it will be uploaded to DocuSign and converted into a PDF, if it has a different file format in OneDrive.

Therefore, this limit applies to all documents signed with DocuSign eSignature as they will be uploaded when you create the envelope.

Thanks a lot for explanation! That is what I’ve been looking for! 

Jakub

Hi @Jakub Zak,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.