Skip to main content
Question

Unable to add multiple templates to single envelope

• 13 September 2024
  • 5 replies

Good morning, as of this morning any time I try to add multiple documents from template to an envelope I receive a generic error message with no additional information that would allow me to troubleshoot the issue. I need to add multiple addenda to lease agreements based on the specifics of the property in question and have had no issue doing this for the last 2+ years for hundreds of leases. I believe this is a new error. I don’t see anywhere to check for known issues to see if this has been reported. Is anyone aware of this issue or have a solution?

Hello @AccessMIMO,

Thank you for reaching out here. We want to welcome you to the Docusign Community. I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, and we are committed to providing you with the best service possible.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Have you tried the below troubleshooting:

• Clear cache/cookies
  • Try a different browser(s)
  • Try an Incognito window
  • Try a different device
  • Try a different Internet network, such as on a mobile device using data with Wi-Fi disabled.
  • Try using a VPN, or if you are on one already, disconnect from the VPN and try again.

Can you provide a screenshot of the error?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello @AccessMIMO,

Thank you for reaching out here. We want to welcome you to the Docusign Community. I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, and we are committed to providing you with the best service possible.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Have you tried the below troubleshooting:

• Clear cache/cookies
  • Try a different browser(s)
  • Try an Incognito window
  • Try a different device
  • Try a different Internet network, such as on a mobile device using data with Wi-Fi disabled.
  • Try using a VPN, or if you are on one already, disconnect from the VPN and try again.

Can you provide a screenshot of the error?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

I did clear cache and received the error.

Here are the errors in firefox and chrome:

Different devices are experiencing the same issue and a different network was tried without success.

A VPN is not a solution as there is no reason to believe that it is firewalled or region locked content.

In an attempt to troubleshoot I am showing my worflow below:

Using our base template:

I then add a template to it.

I find the desired addendum, select it, and add it to the envelope.

And receive the error:

There have been intermittent times, when following the exact same steps, that have allowed the new document to be added to the envelope, but when repeating the same process the successful addition can’t be replicated. Again, please keep in mind that I have done this process hundreds of times previously. This is a new error.

Hello @AccessMIMO,

Thank you for reaching back. If you create a copy of that template do you get the same error?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello @AccessMIMO,

Thank you for reaching back. If you create a copy of that template do you get the same error?

Best regards,

We created copies of the base template and some of the addendum templates to test and tried all combinations of new copies and old templates with no success. We still can’t add multiple templates to a single envelope.

In addition a coworker who works with a different template noted that her template is no longer usable at all as when we attempt to use the template we get this error:

We do need a solution to this as soon as possible so if there is any other resources for us to troubleshoot this please let me know.

Hello @AccessMIMO,

This is for specific templates or does it affect all of them? Is it feasible for you to provide a copy of a template?

Best regards,