Skip to main content
Question

How to create conditional logic or rules or sytax in a webform to generate or display a clause or new page

• 5 September 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I am new to docusign templates and webforms.

I have created a docusign loan application template and want to convert it to a webform so that I can obtain the following outcome ie

1. A loan applicant applies online and is asked a series of questions to prequalifiy them or disqualifiy them from a loan. If they don’t qualify there is no point in continuing the loan applicaiton.
  2. How do I create using webforms a conditional If then statement or rule so that a clause or new document is generated and displayed to the user that says “ We are sorry but your loan application has not been approved”  in the event that the user selects either a radio button and selects Yes/No or a checkbox in one or more fields?
  3. Is there a way to stop the loan applicant from continuing to complete further questions in the webform loan application once the loan has been denied? (I realise that it is not logical for someone to do so, but not all humans are logical)

Hello @Chris Roche,

Thank you for reaching out here. We want to welcome you to the Docusign Community. I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, and we are committed to providing you with the best service possible.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. To clarify, do you intend for the filter to be executed when the Signer fills the Webform before continuing to the signing session?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Christopher,

My Company is currently on the Business Pro Annual Subscription.

To clarify, we intend for the filter to be executed when the Signer fills the Webform before continuing to the signing session ie IF he selects  YES to a particualr question, THEN I want the webform to display a clause or ideally a new page that says “We are sorry but you do not qualiify for a loan with our Company". 

I just dont know how to do this.

Can you please assist?

Kind regards

Chris

Hello @Chris Roche,

You create rules using the "if...then" paradigm. For example, you have a field named Do you take medication? on your web form. You can create a rule that if the response to this field is Yes, then show the field List your medications. In another example, you have the field, Are you married? on the web form. You can create a rule that if the response to this field is No, then the Spouse field doesn't display.

For step-by-step instructions to create rules, see the Add or Edit Rules for Web Forms topic.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.