Skip to main content
Question

Can't download completed documents.

• 21 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Getting this message in a white window:{"errorCode":"RECIPIENT_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED","message":"Recipient has not passed authentication steps."}

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

That error indicates you need to go through some type of signer authentication in order to access the envelope. Can you post a screenshot? How are you accessing the envelope- via notification email, web app, API integration?

Badge

I am getting the same message on certain completed forms as well.  I am able to access most forms, but a few give me the same message.  I am logging into my DocuSign account and I click on “Manage”.  Then I click on “Download” to retrieve the completed form and this is where I get the message on some of the completed forms.

{"errorCode":"RECIPIENT_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED","message":"Recipient has not passed authentication steps."}
Badge

This happened to me as well. I initially received something via email to sign and it had a passcode I had to enter. Once I finished signing docusign said it would be available on my account to download, but when I tried I received this message. I went back to the original email that asked me to sign, clicked the link, entered the code again, and was brought to the completed document. I then could download it. Long story short, go back to the email to access it, and not log in to your account and try to access it. Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

That’s helpful

Badge

This is still a recurring issue.  I am getting this message also when selecting print OR download on a completed Docusign document within my account:

{"errorCode":"RECIPIENT_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED","message":"Recipient has not passed authentication steps."}

I attempted to retrace my steps, via the link sent, indicating the document was completed, however when I do so, there is no option to print or PDF the completed document with certificate… only to view/print the certificate.

I am having a similar issue with an older document. I was given a passcode for that document over a year ago, but did not store it since I assumed the signed document would be available from my account.

Badge

I'm getting this error as well. I really need to download copies of my signed documents. I want to be able to trust that these are always available to me. This makes me not want to use Docusign for business activities