Skip to main content
Solved

What does IDR actually do, how does it work and how do I control it

• 18 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I need to map 1000s of documents in many languages on a regular, continual basis, and while similar in nature, the documents vary widely in format, so fields are named differently and are positioned in different places.  Because the documents are intended for paper signing, check boxes and radio buttons can sometimes be simple lines, or may, or may not require initials, and the number and names of signers differ widely. I’m trying to understand if IDR could help in some way with that.  Does it consider the text that surrounds field-placement?  What does it actually learn when I place IDR fields?  Does it consider where I have placed fields?  How do I tell if it’s working?  What specific operations are used to enage/disengage it? The documentation seems pretty minimal, in spite of this feature being around for a long time.  Thanks for any info anybody has!

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @edelente,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to get more details on how IDR Zones work, and I will clarify the topic for you. IDR zones will take text in them as the main commonality between the template and document at the moment of field placing. You can find more information along with detailed steps on how to set your own IDR Zones, here:

Set custom IDR zones

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!