Skip to main content
Question

Unable to Upload as "Use a Template"

• 23 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I am created a new template and want to upload a file from and existing template but there no option.  I am unable to find a setting to allow this functionality. 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Tim Jacobs No such option exists to use a document in a new Template from an existing Template. I would suggest copying the existing Template and using that for the basis of the new Template.

Badge

@David.Schmitz Maybe I didn’t articulate my problem correctly.  The screen shot from the DocuSign support page shows the functionality I am missing from my current experience.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Tim Jacobs There are Template permissions that are set in the Permission Profile assigned to your User.  You may need to check with your DocuSign Admin to see what Permission Profile is assigned currently and what options are available to you.  Inside the Permission Profiles are different Template access rights which include...Create, Use and Share, so this could be where you do not have the appropriate permission profile to take that action.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Tim Jacobs ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!