Skip to main content
Question

Text Box Placement in a Template

• 2 July 2024
  • 4 replies

When placing a text box into a template why does a second text box auto-populate?  I have a template that has one area for student and one area for parent and addresses or emails can be different. However, the text box in the student area auto-populates in the parent area.  How can I fixe this 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@dhearnlv There is a DocuSign feature called Data Population Scope AKA Data Replication in which if two similar DocuSign fields, in this case Text fields, have the same Data Label, then data entered into one field will populate in the second field automatically.

Here is an article.

https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Why-is-Data-Replicating-in-Multiple-Fields-Using-Data-Population-Scope

The resolution if you do not want this to happen is to make the Data Labels of every field unique.

Badge +1

Thank you - I discovered that duplicating a text box is not good - I should have

Badge +1

Thank you - I discovered that duplicating a text box is not good - I should have pulled the text box into the template for each occurrence.  Sure like my DocuSign, but I’m learning that I should auto send reminders.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @dhearnlv ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!