Solved

Automatically change email subject

• 10 June 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

When I use a Template → select Replace document → the email Subject line should change automatically and show the new document’s filename. “Complete with DocuSign: New file name….”

Before the latest Docusign update, this was working well, however right now the subject line remains unchanged and shows the original one from the template.

Would be nice to get this feature back, how can we solve this?

Thank  you in advance for your support

icon

Best answer by bizops1920 1 July 2024, 17:52

View Original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @SRC,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that when replacing a document in a template you want the system to change automatically the subject for the template.

If you delete the subject before replacing the document, do you get the same behavior?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Badge

I am dealing with the same issue - the templates we use always changed the subject line to match the attachment.  That is now not happening all of a sudden…

I tried your suggestion of deleting the subject line before replacing the attachment, and that seems to be working.  But why the extra step?  This worked fine for the last 3 years, why has this changed and how can it be fixed?

Badge +1

But why the extra step?  This worked fine for the last 3 years, why has this changed and how can it be fixed?

The same questions are still open from my side as well, please assist us with this 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @SRC and @mtmarine,

Thank you for reaching back.

When did you notice that this started happening?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Badge +1

I don’t use Docusign on a daily basis, but as far as I remember - I first noticed it in the first week of June

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @SRC,

Thank you for reaching back.

Do you know if the behavior persists regardless of the template?

Have you created a case with Docusign Support?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@SRC and @mtmarine 

Yes, something changed in May or June because to the new Brand I think.   The default subject line changed from “Please DocuSign:”    to “Complete with Docusign: “ 

If you change your subject line to “Complete with Docusign:”  it will change automatically and show the new document’s filename. 

Badge +1

Yes, deleting the subject seems to be the only solution. Edit each of your templates to completely erase (empty out) the “Email Subject” under “Add message.” You will get a red error warning message that reads “Please enter a message subject” but you can ignore it and click “Save and Close.” I’ve included a screenshot below. When I tested “using” the template, it worked: the “Email Subject” auto-populated the actual file names that replaced the placeholder documents from the template.

Add message customization boxes in DocuSign

Badge +1

@bizops1920 Yes this is working thank you!!!