Skip to main content
Question

Adding Multiple Specify Recipients

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

hi all!

I’ve created a template (with matching option) and I am having trouble with adding 2 Recipients with the Specify Recipient option.

Here is my use case.

There are 3 recipients:

DocuSign Sender: knows the name and email of Recipient #1

Recipient # 1 is the only one who knows the name and email for Recipient #2

Recipient #2 is the only one knows the name and email for recipient #3

Recipient #3 is the only one who will be signing the template.

I was able to set it up successfully with only 1 recipient with Specify Recipient.  I can set it up with the 2 Specify Recipients, but when i try to send it, it’s requiring me to enter the name and email for Recipient 2, which I need Recipient 1 to enter.

Any suggestions?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Angela DS User 

The specify recipient role is intended to fill in signer roles and not to fill in another specify recipient role. Therefore, you can only leave signer roles open for the “specify recipient” recipient to complete.

Instead of using the “specify recipient” role, the recipients could re-assign the envelope to the next person. So recipient 1 re-assigns the envelope to recipient 2 and then recipient 2 re-assigns the envelope to recipient 3, who will then sign the envelope.

Is there no other way to get the signer information to reduce it to one specify recipient role?

Badge

Thanks for the response…

Are you saying that in order to assign a role as Specify Recipient, you must have their contact information?

Unfortunately, there is no way to reduce the # of signers, as signer 1 and 2 dont know and cannot know the signer info for the next signer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Angela DS User,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.