Skip to main content
Question

Trouble with matching ID

• 17 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m having trouble signing a document sent by our notary through an email link.

After putting my initials and signature on the document, a new window via IDnow pops up and I’m asked to confirm my mobile number, followed by an option to either take a photo of my ID or to upload a document with my ID.

Either way, I can confirm my ID (passport) and get a success message, but when returning to DocuSign from the IDnow-window I get an error message saying that the name on my ID and the document doesn’t match.

I noticed that there was some text before my name, which our notary put there - could that be the problem?

Please see attached screenshots, red underline under the text I’m referring to.

Thank you in advance,
Pierre

3 replies

Badge +1

After putting my initials and signature on the document, a new window via IDnow pops up and I’m asked to confirm my mobile number, followed by an option to either take a photo of my ID or to upload a document with my ID.

Either way, I can confirm my ID (passport) and get a success message, but when returning to DocuSign from the IDnow-window I get an error message saying that the name on my ID and the document doesn’t match.

I noticed that there was some text before my name, which our notary put there - could that be the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Pierre

Badge +1

Thank you in advance,
Pierre

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @pddlc,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.