Skip to main content
Question

suspicious DocuSign envelope

• 15 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I found what looks like a fraudulent envelope in my DocuSign, that has multiple users cc’d and was supposedly signed by me. I never received an invitation to sign this document which appears to be part of a scam. Should I delete it or does this mean someone has access to my account and can view other saved documents? Please advise.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @facon 

I hope you doing great. I would suggest you to open that completed document. Click download and it will give you an option to select the files. 

Link: Certificate of Completion

download the COC “Certificate of Completion”, Refer the picture below:

Thanks!

Badge +1

Thanks Pawan, but I’m not sure what that would accomplish. Is it possible that if I download the document it may contain some embedded malware? I’m just curious how it appeared in my account if I did not sign it - someone must have forged my signature. What I’m more concerned about is the possibility that this person hacked into my account.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I totally understand but you can at least open the COC and check by this you can identify that you did not signed it.
and as far as you are concern about the account hacking or a fake DocuSign themed sign or email then check out this link for report this issue.
Link : https://www.docusign.com/trust/security/incident-reporting

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @facon,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!