Solved

Signing Mobile Not Allowed

• 19 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

When I click on the link in my email to sign a document that was sent to me, I am getting an error message that reads “Signing Mobile Not Allowed - Signing this envelope on a mobile device is not allowed, please use a computer.”

Is there a setting that needs to be changed when a document is sent to me? I am not using the mobile device.

I have tried to go to Docusign.com on my phone and go to “Access Documents” then enter the security code and I am getting the same error message. 

Please help!

icon

Best answer by Christopher.Alpizar 26 January 2024, 18:05

View Original

6 replies

Badge

I know that mobile responsive signing is a new feature added recently, so maybe this is why you were experiencing this. In any case, if you click on Advanced Options at the time of building the envelope, there should be an option to enable this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

You need to check you Signing Settings in the Admin and the item you need to look for is Allow Signing on a Mobile Device.

If you uncheck this then they would have to sign on a desktop/laptop device.

Robert

Badge

@rjohnson - other than what’s mentioned above, if the envelope is being sent from a CFR Part 11 enabled account, that module does not allow mobile signing on the DocuSign app.

Badge +1

I know that mobile responsive signing is a new feature added recently, so maybe this is why you were experiencing this. In any case, if you click on Advanced Options at the time of building the envelope, there should be an option to enable this.

Hi! Thank you for this information. I did go into these advanced settings and this option was/is checked when I sent the agreement. Still having the same issue, but I appreciate your help with this!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @rjohnson,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, this is a follow-up to your post, I understand that while trying to sign an envelope on a mobile device you are getting the error "Signing Mobile Not Allowed - Signing this envelope on a mobile device is not allowed, please use a computer".

If you are using the DocuSign mobile app, this is built to handle most workflows, but some advanced features are not compatible with the mobile app. For envelopes using any of the following features, a signer will need to access the envelope via a Web browser, rather than from directly inside the mobile app.

Do you know if the envelope has any of the following features?

Envelope level (using one of these features will prevent all signers on the envelope from signing via the mobile app):

1. Supplemental Documents
  2. Sent from a 21 CFR Part 11 compliant account
  3. Pre-fill Document Fields

Recipient level (if a recipient has been assigned one of these fields or roles, they will not be able to access the envelope from the mobile app):

1. Standards-Based Signatures
  2. eHanko
  3. Specify Recipients
  4. Allow to Edit
  5. Update Recipients
  6. Signs with Notary

More information at Complete this document in a browser (DocuSign Mobile for iOS or Android)

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @rjohnson,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.