Skip to main content
Question

Signing error

• 26 June 2024
  • 3 replies

For some reason, when my client tries to use DocuSign, it automatically enters their email as their signature.
ould you please advise us on how to resolve this issue?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Akemi,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible

I am sorry to hear that your recipient’s signature is not being applied as expected, but I will gladly help you correct the issue as soon as possible. 

If the envelope in question is related to an active Docusign user, they will be able to change their signature after it was applied by left-clicking it and selecting "Change". 

They can also update their adopted signatures in Manage Profile>Signatures, if needed. 

For more details on this topic, see: 

How do I change my signature or adopt a custom signature? 

If the option to change their signature is not present, then they are most likely facing one of the scenarios mentioned below:

• They do not have an active Docusign Account
  • They are signing using:
    • Docusign mobile apps
    • In Person Signing Session
    • Digital Signatures/Universal Signatures (CFR part 11, etc.)
    • Sign and Return
  • Sender has locked recipients names

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this.  

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!  

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Akemi 

Out of curiosity, what are you entering in the “name” line when you send out the envelope? Is the client listed in your DocuSign’s contacts? 

You could try removing the name/email from contacts and re-entering the information fresh. Maybe there’s some glitch with this name/contract entry?

good luck!

mr1

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Akemi,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!