Skip to main content
Question

selecting a different signature from my account

• 24 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I have several different signatures under my Docusign accoutn (legal name, work name, company etc.). All I want to do is select a different signature that’s already there, but it defaults to one that doesn’t match the document. How do I select the proper signature? Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@gicprod 

This might answer your question:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=yca1573855023892&topicId=tpz1620246007465.html&_LANG=enus

(from support)

There is certain scenario where you cannot change your signature. Follow these steps to determine why you can't change your signature:

• Make sure you have an active Docusign account. If you do not have an account at the time of signing, you cannot change your selected signature. See the Sign Documents for Free article to learn about getting a Docusign account.
  • Check with your account administrator to ensure that your recipient name is not locked. Some senders lock recipient names.
  • You cannot select a saved signature if you are the only signer.

Change your signature for a document you must sign by sending yourself an envelope, and adding yourself as the only recipient. Your default signature is applied. However, you can optionally change and select another saved signature.

• Make sure you are not trying to change your signature when:

good luck

mr1

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @gicprod,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?  If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!