Skip to main content
Question

Initial instead of actual signature

• 25 July 2024
  • 4 replies

My client accidentally used their initials for their signature.  I have opened up a several new envelopes so that they could actually sign the documents with their actual name instead of their signature.  However, DocuSign will not allow for their initials to be changed to an actual signature.  I even sent an envelop to another email address to see if that would work but sadly it did not work.  How do I fix this problem?  I pay $300/year for my plan.   Will my current plan allow me to fix this problem?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @Janet.L.Babaa 

I hope you are doing great. So the user can edit or change there signature and adopt new while signing the agreement. It allow user to edit unless the Read Only option is selected.

1. Click on initial and “change”

Badge +1

That did not seem to work, any other ideas?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Janet.L.Babaa 

Did you check out the “help” instructions:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301=&bundleId=yca1573855023892&topicId=mrs1573855013078.html&_LANG=enus

Your client may need to sign up for a DocuSign account in order to make changes to their signature. If they change the signature before you send a document to sign, would that fixt the issue?

good luck

mr1

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Janet.L.Babaa ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!