Skip to main content
Solved

I received a signed document with a Black box over the signature , how do we remove it or why is it doing this ?

• 2 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I received a signed document with a Black box over the signature , how do we remove it or why is it doing this ?

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

That usually happens because the signature adopted by the recipient was incorrect or that the signature is merely corrupted. There isn't a way to clear it from the envelope, since it is part of the adopted signature for that recipient. The only real solution would be to have that signer adopts a new signature, then sign a new envelope.

For that, if the recipient has a DocuSign account, I would suggest having them go to their signatures and delete that one (if it shows, if not, then they can go ahead and adopt a new one).

How to create a Customer Support case:

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, scroll down further on the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Best regards, 

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

Badge

I am receiving E-Signature documents back that I can see on line that everything looks normal...but when they print out, Black Boxes are filling in over the signatures making them illegible, but only when printed out?

Its not just 1 clients signature either, nor is it just MY clients signatures whom I created the E-Signature program, its other documents received from other agents too.  And its the same thing...they look normal on the screen, but when I print their documents off...I get black boxes around their clients e-signatures too?

What is the problem? HELP!!!!