Skip to main content
Solved

Group Signing Issue

• 18 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have a signing group with three members.  When an agreement is created and sent, one of the three members needs to go in and approve it before it gets sent to a client. 

The issue we are running into is periodically when one of the members goes to approve the document, they are notified that someone from the group is already in the process of approving the document.  However, when we ask that other member, they tell us they have not even opened it.  So, the original member who is trying to open and approve cannot move forward and the document cannot move forward until the other member goes in to approve. 

It’s very frustrating and we cannot figure out why DocuSign is saying someone from the group has opened the document when no one at that point has opened it except for the member trying to approve.  I have attached a screenshot of this message as well.  Any help would be appreciated!

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @bdimsdale ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the signing group feature is not working as intended, I understand that when one of the members try to sign the document it shows that someone else is signing when in reality they are not.

How is the user who wants to sign accessing the document? Is it via email or via Docusign?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge

Hi Nathaly,

Each time we ran into this issue the user was attempting to open the envelope in DocuSign.  We actually worked with a Customer Support rep a couple of months ago but were unsuccessful in trying to replicate the issue while on the call.  So not much was resolved that way.  We have since updated our templates to not use the signing group and instead use delegates to approve documents when our CEO is out of the office.  This seems to be working fine, but because we are paying for the signing group feature, we would like to get to a point where it is working properly again.  I wanted to just make sure this was not a known issue that has happened to other users, and if there was a specific fix before we started trying to implement and troubleshoot it again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@bdimsdale 

please let the sender provide the history of this envelope. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @bdimsdale ,

Thank you for your further information.

Do you get the same results if you open the document via email?

If so, I wanted to inform you that I was looking around and it seems like the issue you are seeing is a limitation of signing groups. There is an enhancement in place regarding accessing documents sent to a signing group directly in Docusign but for the mean time I recommend you try to open the documents within the email directly. I also recommend you keep an eye out for our Release Notes: Release Notes

You can find the following enhancement request number: SCOREFDN-178

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @bdimsdale ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,