Skip to main content
Solved

Fee Agreement date shown is before I received the doc for signing

• 13 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I received an important document on the 24th February 2021 and eventually signed it using docusign on 1st March 2021. I printed the signed doc but have misplaced it so I asked the Finance company to send me a copy. I received a pdf file of the doc but the Fee Agreement date shown is 11/02/2021 (11th February 2021). How is this possible? All other aspects of the document are exactly what I remember I signed on the 1st March 2021.

I would appreciate your comments/ answers so that I can go back to the Finance company with some confidence. Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @PeterMcC 

May be the date you are seeing “Fee Agreement Date” which is Effective Date of agreement.
but the date that you should look for “Signed Date”. that’s what i suggest here.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @PeterMcC,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Badge +1

I’m a complete beginner so please give me some slack and thanks for your assistance so far. Apologies, I have just returned from a long holiday.

My theory (but should be easy to recreate by the wonderful people on this site) is I think that the original document was generated on the 11th February 2021, and it had a docusign signature for me to sign, which I did on the 1st March 2021. However, when I asked for a copy of the document the finance company may have sent me a pdf of the original document (when it was created on the 11th February 2021) by mistake rather than a copy of the document that I signed on the 1st March 2021.

To prove this I just need to create a simple document with a docusign signature, then wait a day then sign it. Then create a pdf of the original and if the docusign has the same date as when it was created then hey presto we have the answer. 

Unfortunately, I am a pensioner with very little computer/ document skills. This answer to this question is very important to me and I would appreciate some independent expert assistance to provide the answer to my theory.

Kind regards,

Peter

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @PeterMcC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community. 

The versioning of the document you received will be defined by the point in time when the file was downloaded. This means that if you had already signed the envelope, the sender will not be able to download a version prior to the one available on the Docusign website.  For more details on this topic, see:

Download Documents
Taking this into consideration, if the sender sent you a version of the document without the signatures, after the completion of the envelope then they must have kept an older version of it.

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Hi Alejandro, Thank you very much for the reply.