Skip to main content
Solved

Delay in receiving completed envelopes

• 1 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I sent an envelope to two people to sign simultaneously, and then back to my manager when the envelope was complete. Both signers signed the document, but we received no notification of them viewing the document or completing the envelope until 13 hours after it was complete. In this 13 hour period where it was signed by all parties, when I, the sender, went in to view the status, it was still ‘waiting’ with the assigned signers. This was a time-sensitive matter, and the lag time pushed us out an entire day. Does anyone else have this problem/is there a way to mitigate it?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@MTIAA I cannot recall any notifications that took past 5 to 10 minutes to get delivered.  The question is whether this delay was caused by a DocuSign issue or some other internal mail server issue.  First I would suggest taking a look at the DocuSign Trust site, link below, then select System Status and check you Server Instance to see if there were any outages or issues during that time period.  Check internally of course to see if there could have been any holds due to new email changes, delivery issues, or quarantines. If the issue is pretty consistent even with a simple new envelope then I suggest creating a DocuSign case and have them review the outbound notifications for a specific envelope(s).

https://www.docusign.com/trust

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @MTIAA ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!