Skip to main content
Question

Changing a person who has to sign after document has been sent out

• 17 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello - 

I sent a document out for multiple signatures only to find out later that one of the recipients is not correct and I need to change the person to someone else.    Is this possible without deleting the document and send out as a new one?

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello, @Christine 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

Sure, you can correct the sent envelope.

Go to the Agreements option, find such envelope then use the button “Correct”, change the recipient name and email, click Next then click Correct again.

It’s only possible to correct an envelope if its status are: Waiting for Others or Needs Action. 
Completed envelopes cannot be corrected. Also, if the signer already signed a document such signer cannot be corrected either.

Here a step by step article explaining how to do it:
https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=oeq1643226594604&topicId=ztq1578456332318.html&_LANG=enus

I hope that helps, if so, I’d appreciate your Like!

Best,

Alexandre

Badge +1

Hello - 

Thank you for the response but my envelopes in agreement don’t have the “correct” tab anywhere and i have looked everywhere.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Christine,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.