Skip to main content
Question

Can I add a signature to the document after it has been sent?

• 6 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I sent a document out for signature and forgot to add a signature line for myself.  The document has been opened by the recipient but not signed.  Is there a way for me to add a signature line for myself now?

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +1

Hey there! I’ve definitely been in those same shoes before. The good news is, if I understand your question correctly, there's a straightforward solution for adding a signature line to a DocuSign envelope already in progress.

The Correct feature will allow you to add a signature line to a document already sent via DocuSign. As long as the envelope hasn’t been completed yet, this option allows the sender to modify the envelope, including adding signature fields, even after it's been sent out.

There’s detailed visual instructions here, but the gist of it is:

1. Click on the Manage tab of your DocuSign account, where you’ll find all your sent envelopes.
  2. Find the envelope you’d like to correct, click the dropdown arrow to the far right and select Correct
  3. From here, you can make whatever changes you need to, including adding another signing role for yourself, adding/managing fields, revising subject lines/messages, etc.
  4. Once you’ve made the necessary changes, select Correct to lock everything in!

I hope that helps! Be sure to “Select as Best" below if you find my answer a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @LisaTonon,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Badge

I do not have an option for correct. I only have, copy, void, history, export and delete? Am I looking in the wrong place or is there now another way to add myself to the document for signing?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @dma,

Thank you for making us aware of this situation.

The option to correct an envelope (that has not been completed) should be present in any account related to a paid Docusign plan.

Unless your account is currently configured with a Free plan, this option should be available to you.

If needed, Docusign Support can help enable this setting on the account’s back end. To expedite the process, make sure to include an example envelope ID that has not been completed/voided.

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support. 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!