Skip to main content
Question

automatic signing in case of operational workflow approval

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

My business team would want a particular signing process and I like to know if it’s possible and what is the best way to help them with Docusign, please?

During a workflow, a legal document should be signed by the 2 parties that approve the workflow. If the 2 parties approve the workflow, the document must be signed by both. However, the parties would like that when they appvrove the workflow, the document be automatic signed without additional steps that requests them to sign the document.

I had a look to the API references but I didn’t see any API that would generate a signing and it seems strange that a tool as Docusign allow automatic creation of signing.

I thought to an other way: it’s the signing that generates the approval of the workflow. So, no need of extra steps to approve the workflow.

Have you ever been face with that case? What is your opinion, please?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Olivier 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @OlivierS !

Answering your first question, there is no procedure at Docusign that performs an automatic signature on behalf of a person without their prior action.

For your scenario, you can assign the 2 legal parties as envelope recipients and designate the approval/reject buttons to them, so that they act inside the envelope. With this action, both will appear as envelope recipients in the flow, and will not necessarily need to sign.

On the other hand, Docusign has another platform called CLM that can help you a lot in this process. CLM manages the entire contract lifecycle, including internal approvals. If you are interested, contact the sales team for more information!

Badge +1

Hi @Vinicius.Rodrigues , thank you for your reply.and your proposal.

In addition to the requiremetns, the signing of the 2 parties is mandatory if the workflow is approved. I don’t think I can do without both signings..

I will investigate about CLM.

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Vinicius.Rodrigues , thank you for your reply.and your proposal.

In addition to the requiremetns, the signing of the 2 parties is mandatory if the workflow is approved. I don’t think I can do without both signings..

I will investigate about CLM.

Thank you!

Hi @OlivierS!
According to our article, “If the recipient clicks Approve during the signing process, the recipient is considered to have signed.” Maybe this can solve your workflow.
Please, check more information about Approve and Decline fields here: Field Types

In parallel, a very common flow that many customers who ask the legal team to do is to add a Stamp to the document, once the team has approved the document and it’s ready for signature. A Stamp can also be considered a signature, as the user will need to access the envelope and complete the signature process. See if this option would be possible in your workflow!

Docusign eSignature Stamps

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @OlivierS ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!